This is my aunt's recipe and all our favourite too!!!It is so rich in colour and a good appetizer more than a Rasam.Whenever she makes kalanda sadam she makes this rasam and have it as a soup!!!
- Ripe tomatoes 4nos
- Peppercorns 1tsp
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Tamarind juice or lemon juice 2tbs
- Green chili 1
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves 1tbs
- Mustard seeds
- Boil the tomatoes in water,cool and puree it.
- Roast pepper and cumin in ghee and powder it.
- Add some tamarind juice or lemon juice to the puree.
- Boil and add salt and green chili.
- Season with mustard seeds in ghee.
- Garnish with coriander and curry leaves.
- It is called soup rasam because it looks like tomato soup.