Tomato Gothsu is a simple dish(accompaniment) made without onions and garlic in my house.It tastes great with idli,dosa,uthappam,arisi upma and Pongal.
You will Need
- Five medium Tomatoes
- Two to four Green Chillies
- Small piece of Ginger
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Two tsp Tamrarind juice
- Salt to tast
- One tsp of Jaggery
- Few Curry Leaves
- Few Coriander Leaves
- One tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- One tsp Channa dal
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Chop the Tomatoes,ginger,green chilli into small pieces.Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds,add channa dal and fry till it becomes brown,add chopped green chilli,ginger and curry leaves.Add the tomatoes,turmeric powder and salt and cook till the tomatoes get mushy.
- Add the tamarind juice(soak a small piece of tamarind in hot water and extract the juice tow to three times if you are not using ready made tamarind paste),jaggery and allow it to thicken.
- If it is still watery make a paste out of rice flour and water and add it to the gothsu. Garnsih with coriander leaves.
- Use of jaggery is purely optional if you want the gothsu to be spicy avoid jaggery.
- If the gothsu is watery mix one tsp of rice flour with water,make a paste and add it to the gothsu.
very nice... how to make parotta? thank u
Parota recipe i will try to post soon!tku!
simple yet tangy gravy
Post a Comment