- Pumpkin 1/2kg
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Asafoetida 1/2tsp
- Lemonjuice 2tbs
- Turdhal 1/2 cup
To roast and grind
- Red chillies 6
- Coriander seeds 2tsp
- Channa dhal 2tbs
- Cocnut scrapings 2tbs
- Mustard seeds
- Channa dhal
- Red chillies
- Pressure cook the turdhal.cut the pumpkin into small blocks.
- Boil the pumkin with salt and turmeric powder.
- Roast and grind the ingredients into a coarse paste.
- Once the pumpkin is boiled add the paste and the cooked tur dhal.
- Add asafoetida,lemon juice and garnish with curry leaves.
- Season with mustard seeds,channa dal and red chillies.
- It is a variation of kozhambu and instead of tamrind i have used lemon juice.
- Add jaggery at the end if you like the sweet taste.