My mother used to make it as a evening snack when we used to come back from school.It will always be followed by some sweet!!!Now coming to the recipe....
You will Need
- One cup of Aval or Poha
- Small gooseberry size Tamarind ball
- A generous pinch of Turmeric powder
- A Generous pinch of Asafoetida
- Three tbs of Gingelly Oil
- One tsp of Mustard Seeds
- One tsp of Channa dal
- One tsp Urad dal
- Six Broken Red Chillies
- Few Curry leaves.
- One tbs Peanuts
- Salt to Taste.
- Soak Tamarind in hot water and extract water three times when it cools down.
- Wash the Aval(rice flakes)in water and soak it in Tamarind water for ten minutes.
- Heat Gingelly oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds,add channa dal,urad dal,red chilies peanuts and curry leaves.fry until the dal becomes golden brown.
- Add the soaked poha,turmeric powder and salt.cover and cook for two minutes. Add asafoetida and mix well.
- Heat until all the mosture evaporates.It tastes yummy either hot or cold.
- Soak the aval for 10 to 15 minutes depending on how soft it is.
- Use gingelly oil for the perfect taste and flavour.
jaya this combination s nice ....
Post a Comment