- Boiled rice 3 cups
- Raw rice 1 cup
- Urad dhal 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2tsp
- Salt 3spoons
- Soak rice and fenugreek seeds together and urad dhal seperately for 4 hours.
- Grind urad dhal first in a wet grinder then grind the rice.
- When the rice is ground add the urad dhal flour also into the grinder.
- Add salt and grind for few more minutes so that it mixes well and allow it to ferment.
- Once the flour rises and ferments pour it into idli plates and steam it for 20 minutes.
- Serve with cocnut chutney,sambhar,kothsu,onion chutney,pudina chutney or tomato chutney.
- It is a very easyily digestible and popular breakfast or tiffin in south indian homes.
Grease the plate with oil and then pour the dough.
Serve with cocnut chutney and sambhar.