- Boiled rice 3 cups
- Raw rice 1 cup
- Urad dhal 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2tsp
- Salt 3spoons
- Soak rice and fenugreek seeds together and urad dhal seperately for 4 hours.
- Grind urad dhal first in a wet grinder then grind the rice.
- When the rice is ground add the urad dhal flour also into the grinder.
- Add salt and grind for few more minutes so that it mixes well and allow it to ferment.
- Once the flour rises and ferments pour it into idli plates and steam it for 20 minutes.
- Serve with cocnut chutney,sambhar,kothsu,onion chutney,pudina chutney or tomato chutney.
- It is a very easyily digestible and popular breakfast or tiffin in south indian homes.
Grease the plate with oil and then pour the dough.
Serve with cocnut chutney and sambhar.
Great blog . Your idlis look super soft and very inviting. i can see that you have emptied the batter into a Tupperware container . Would like to know if you kept the lid on tightly for the batter to ferment well ( since I have a similar one) And, by the way how long do you grind the udad dal in your ultra grinder ?.
Thank you for your recipe ! It's giving me motivation in cook.
I'll try it !
What is the difference between boiled rice and raw rice?
Boiled rice is parboiled rice used to make idlis.you get in Indian stores.
Post a Comment