Bruschetta is an Italian Appetizer(any time snack or starter)It is very very simple and easy to make and one way of making the kids eat raw tomatoes.It is made with toasted bread with a coat of olive oil and tomatoes with spices on top of it.I recently tasted it in a Italian Restaurant so wanted to try it at home and post it too!
- One Loaf of French Bread
- Four Tomatoes
- Half an Onion
- Three tbs of Olive oil
- One tsp of dried Basil
- Salt to taste
- Half a tsp of Crushed Pepper
- Two tbs or more of Shredded Cheese
- Chop tomatoes and onions.Mix with extra virgin olive oil,(basil fresh or dried)salt and pepper.
- Add shredded cheese and refrigerate the tomato salad.
- Cut the french bread in to slices and roast them in the top rack of the oven.
- Coat the slices with olive oil and serve with tomatoes on top like shown in the picture.
- If you do not want to use the oven roast the bread on stove top.
- you can apply a coat of butter and crushed garlic along with Olive oil to the bread.