This yummy thokku is all time favourite in my house.It goes well with hot rice,chapatti,idlis,dosas and bread too.It can be stored in the refrigerator for a month.
You will Need
- 250gms of sambar onions
- 10 to 12 Red chillies
- Marble sized ball of Tamarind
- Half a cup of Gingelly oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat one tbs of of oil in a thick pan and saute the onions(peeled).
- Cool it.Grind it along with the chillies,tamarind and salt into a paste.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan crackle mustard seeds.
- Add the ground paste and heat it till oil separates stirring on and off.