This is another accompaniment for idli, dosa and rawa dosa.My mom use to make it with rawa dosa.When i was young we never got anything with Masala stuff(cloves,cinnamon,bay leaf etc)so it was a welcome change for us because it was like a mild kurma.
You will Need
- Half cup Yellow dal
- One big Potato
- Two onions chopped lengthwise
- Four Green chillies
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Two tbs of scraped coconut
- Two green chillies
- One Tsp of Fennel seeds
- Half a tsp of Khus khus
- One tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- Small piece of cinnamon stick
- Few cloves
- One cardamom
- One Bay leaf
- Pressure cook the dal and potato for two whistles and mash slightly.
- Grind coconut,chillies(2 out of 4),fennel and khus khus with water.
- Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds,fry onions,curry leaves and chillies.
- Add the ground paste and the dal and potato and allow it to boil for five minutes.
- Add salt and Garnish with coriander leaves.