This is one way of making kothamalli sadam.I saw this recipe in jaya TV by revathy shanmugam.I like her recipes and the way she cooks.I thought i will make kothamalli sadam for kids lunch box.It came out pretty well.I usually cook the rice separately and mix the paste but in this Revathy shanmugam has used coconut milk which adds a rich taste and flavour to the rice.
You will Need
You will Need
- One cup of Basmati Rice
- One small bunch of Coriander leaves
- Tow onions chopped lenghtwise
- One cup of Coconut milk
- Few tsp of Oil
- About four cloves
- Four cardamom
- Two pieces of cinnamon sticks
- One small piece of Ginger
- Two pods of Garlic
- Two green chillies
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and grind coriander leaves,two green chillies,ginger,garlic,two cloves,two cardamom and one piece of cinnamon stick into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan saute two cardamoms,two cloves and one cinnamon stick and fry onions till brown.
- Add the ground paste and saute for a minute.Add coconut milk and additional amount of water and salt and the washed basmati rice and pour everything into a rice cooker or pressure cooker.
- .If it is a electric cooker it switches off on its own else cook for two whistles and cook in low flame for five minutes.
- You can add some more ghee to make it more rich.
- You can add some fried cashew nuts.
- You can soak the rice for half an hour before cooking.
- cook basmati rice in 1:13/4 water