- One big chow chow cut into blocks
- Half cup yellow dal
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Scraped coconut about 2tbs
- One tsp of Cumin seeds
- 1-2 green or red chillies
- Oil to temper
- Lemon juice from half a lime
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- Pressure cook the yellow dal or pasi paruppu for two whistles only.
- Boil the chow chow blocks with turmeric powder and salt.
- Grind together the coconut,chillies and cumin seeds with water.
- Once the vegetable is cooked add the ground paste and the dal.
- Boil together for a minute till you get the required consistency.
- Add lime juice and temper with mustard seeds in oil.
- If the kootu is too watery make a paste with rice flour and water and add.
- You can add half a spoon sugar to improve the taste.
- You can add a pinch of asafoetida too.
can i make bottlegourd kootu in the same way.?thanks.
yes renu you can make with bottlegourd also the same way.
Nice , gng to try this
Post a Comment