Cauliflower is one of our favourite vegetable.Now because of its availability it is very fresh and good.It is a very good choice for making north Indian gravies and subzis to go with all types of Indian breads.I am sure the north Indians make a hell lot of them.I have tried a few and few south Indian gravies and subzis and Cauliflower "Sadam".
I have eaten this subzi in a restuarant it was called gobi kaju mawa curry.Cauliflower and cashewnuts in a rich cahew gravy and mawa or milk fat added to to it.I have tried to make a simpler version of that.You can add some creme or mawa to the gravy at the stage when you add curd.
You will Need
- One medium Cauliflower
- 30 Cashewnuts
- Two to three Onions
- Two to three Tomatoes
- A small piece of Ginger
- 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 cup Thick Curds
- Salt to taste
- one tbs Coriander leaves
- 4 tbs of Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- One Bay leaf
1.Saute the cashewnut halves in a pan till golden brown in one tbs of butter and keep it aside.
Enjoy it as an accompaniment for any Indian Bread!!!!!
- You can saute the cauliflower or shallow fry them for a better taste.but it is very important to drop the florets in boiling water with salt and turmeric powder.
- You can either use butter or oil for making the subzi.
- You can even add some dried kasuri methi for a flavour.
- Instead of curd you can add some creme or unsweetened mawa(khoya).