Atte Ke Halwa is nothing but halwa made with wheat flour.You will not believe that it is so simple to make!!!.I remember when i was in college One of my Gujarati friends used to make it so easily.She also mentioned to us that in north india it is made when they were fasting and during pooja times.It is quiet heavy and filling because it is made out of wheat flour,sugar and ghee.So watch out if you are eating in non fasting times!!!!
You will Need
You will Need
- One cup Wheat flour
- One cup Sugar
- One cup Water
- Half cup Ghee
- Few Almonds
- In a non stick pan heat three fourth of the ghee and the wheat flour and roast the wheat flour till nice aroma comes.It is very important otherwise the raw smell of the flour will stand out.
- In the meantime heat the water in another stove and once the wheat flour is roasted slowly add the water and keep stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar Do not worry if it lumpy it will get dissolved.Let the sugar dissolve.
- It will gather and come together and you switch off the stove and add rest of the ghee and garnish with some silvered almonds.
- Enjoy when it it warm!!!!
so sinfully delicious... love the beautiful decoration on the halwa.. Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
madam your recipes are awesome.. please tell how to prepare creamy "MALAI KOFTHA"
madam your recipes are awesome......... please tell me how to prepare "CREAMY MALAI KOFTHA IN WHITE"
Hi, very nice innovation in atta and you added very less ingratiate in this and this is first time i heard halwa using atta. It's really useful information for me.
Post a Comment