Hara Bhara Kebab is a yummy starter and it is my favourite!!!.I tried it in a restaurant and later tried making it home and started making it in my own way to make it as healthy and tasty possible.It is actually a tikki or a patti made with boiled and mashed potato,spinach,boiled peas and some spices to make it tasty.I pureed the blanched spinach so that it is rich in colour and appealing to the eyes.I think it is good idea to include some greens in a starter!!!!coming to the recipe....
You will Need
You will Need
- Four Boiled Potatoes
- One bunch of boiled and pureed Spinach
- Half cup of Boiled Peas
- Corn flour to bind
- One tsp of Cumin Powder
- Two finely chopped Green chilies
- One tsp of Grated Ginger
- One tsp of Chopped Coriander Leaves
- One tsp Chat Masala Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for shallow or deep frying
- Mash the potatoes and boiled peas.Mix all the ingredients except oil in to a soft dough by adding corn flour
- Adjust the amount of corn flour according to the dough.
- Take a small portion of the dough flatten it into your palm and place it on a hot flat pan one by one.drizzle some oil to each one of the patti and cook in medium flame.
- Fry it until it is brown and flip it and allow it to brown on both sides.Garnish with some roasted cahshew nuts on top if you prefer.
Enjoy it as a starter with tomato sauce, tamarind chutney or a yogurt dip when it is hot.
- If you are deep frying it you can make a paste with corn flour and water and dip the Pattie and fry instead of mixing the flour along with potato and other ingredients.
- You can even make a paste of green chillies,ginger and peas to make a softer dough.