Happy Tamil New Year to All Readers.This is the first festival when the new year begins so it is a special one.Usually my mother makes payasam,vadai and manga pachidi with neem flowers espcially for this occassion and of course special Kolam with Semman or Kavi .The special item in the new year menu is the mangai pachidi.It is made with five different tastes which includes sweetness from the jaggery,salt,chili,sourness from the mango and the bitterness from the neem flowers.We ask my mother to make the maga pachidi as per rules for the neivedhyam and a lot more for us to eat seperately.My mother would get the perfect(quantity) combination of sweet,sour,salt and chilli and we would have a couple of more servings even after finishing the sapadu or the meal.It is a real finger licking food!!!!(dish)
You will Need
- One Raw Mango
- Half to one cup powdered Jaggery
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- One tbs Oil
- One tsp Dried Neem flowers
- One green chilli
- One Dried Red Chilli
1.Wash and peel the skin of the mango.
4.Mash it lightly with a laddle.
- This pachidi is made with neem flowers only on Tamil New Years day!
- You can make it without neem flowers and enjoy on other occassions.
- The colour of the pachidi varies with the Jaggery colour and quantity.
- You can use eitther fresh or dried neem flowers for this pachidi.