Carrot and beans curry(as we call it)poriyal is one of our favourites.I like it for its colour and taste.My mother used to make only beans curry with sambar and other spicy gravies but one of my friend told me to combine carrots along with it which is more healthy,tasty and colorful.It goes well with sambar and vathakuzhambu.I like to add half a spoon of sugar when the gravy is a little spicy.
You will Need
- 200gms of Beans
- 200gms of Carrot
- One tbs of Oil
- One tsp Mustard Seeds
- One tsp Urad Dal
- Two to three Red Chillies
- 1/4tsp of Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- One tbs Scraped Coconut
1.chop beans and carrots in to small cubes.
2.Heat oil in a pan season with mustard seeds,urad Dal and red chillies.
- Add a half spoon of sugar if you like the sweet taste.
- Increase or decrease the amount of coconut.
- If you want a little spice add half tsp of chilli powder.