This is one of my favourite subzi's.whenever we go to a restaurant we order since it is not very simple one to make often at home.But once in a while you need to cook such exoticdishes too so i decided to make it today.
You will Need
- Five firm ripe Tomatoes
- Two Onions chopped fine
- One tsp of Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- One tsp Garam masala powder
- Half a tsp of Chili powder
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Quarter tsp of Coriander powder
- Quarter tsp of Cumin powder
- Two tbs of Shredded Paneer for garnishing
For the Stuffing
- Two Potatoes boiled
- Two tbs of boiled peas or corn
- One green chili cut in to fine pieces
- Salt to taste
- One tsp of Coriander leaves
- One tsp of Cumin powder
How To(serves 4-5 people)
1.Take the firm ripe tomatoes and slice the top.scoop the pulpy portion and store the pulp for the gravy.
2.In a vessel mash the potatoes,add peas or corn(i used corn)cut chili,coriander leaves,salt and cumin powder,mix well and stuff it tin to the scooped tomatoes and keep aside.
3.In a pan heat oil crackle cumin seeds and fry onions till brown,then add tomato pulp(scooped),ginger garlic paste,turmeric,chili,coriander,cumin powders and fry till the raw smell goes.
4.Add garam masala powder and fry for a minute,add some water and place the tomatoes in the centre and cover and cook for two minutes.you will see a crack in the tomato.
5.Garnish with grated cheese on top and serve with any type of roti or nan
- You can make a different kind of stuffing like paneer,sprouts etc.
- You can garnish with coriander leaves if u do not have paneer.
This looks so yummy - I saw a recipe in the New York Times for stuffed eggplant recently, as well. I should try both out.
Post a Comment