You Will Need
- One cup of Kadalai paruppu or channa dal
- 3/4 cup of Powdered Jaggery
- One cup of Maida
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of colour(optional)
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- Ghee as required
- Oil as required
1.Soak the dal for an hour.Pressure cook it for two whistles.Drain the excess water and add the jaggery to it and grind it into a smooth paste in the mixer.Heat the mixture in a non stick pan and let it thicken.
3.Mix maida,salt,kesari colour and water and make it into a soft dough and keep it aside for an hour.
4.Take a small potion of the maida spread it on a banana leaf or plastic cover with some oil.place the poornam(filling)at the centre and close it from all sides.
- Take very little of the dough and spread it well.only then the outer layer will be thin and taste good otherwise the outer layer will become thick and hard.The maida spreads really well.
- My mom used to add color so i just added you can avoid if you want to.