You will Need
- One Packet of MTR Sevai
- Three to four Tomatoes
- Three Onions
- Two Green chillies
- Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Salt to taste
- half a tsp of Turmeric powder
- half a tsp of garam masala powder
- Few tbs of cooking oil
- One tbs of Fennel seeds
- Four cloves
- Two cardamoms
- Small piece of Cinnamon stick
How To Make It
- Boil the Sevai or Rice sticks in hot water for three minutes drain and cool it.
- Chop onions,tomatoes,green chillies slightly lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper the things given above and saute the Onions.
- Add tomatoes,green chillies,salt and Turmeric powder.
- Saute till the water evaporates and until it becomes thick.
- Add garam masala powder,stir and switch off the stove and cool it.
- Mix with the cooked sevai and garnish with Coriander leaves.
- Serve with any type of Raita.
This is my own recipe.The traditional recipe is temper with mustard seeds and Channa Dal and fry the tomatoes till it thickens and mix it with the boiled sevai.
You can Refer to Vegetable sevai for stepwise pictures of making Sevai