Rawa vegetable upma or khichdi is one of my favourites.I love plain rawa upma and the rawa tomato bath.Sadly there are not many takers nowa days and in my house also,but i can eat it for breakfast,tiffin or dinner.I don'teven need chutney or sambar i will eat it with sugar sprinkled on the upma.My mother used to make the best upma with a lof of vegetables in it.The ghee in the rawa khichdi makes it very aromatic and tasty.
Some people add cinnamon,fennel seeds to the khichdi but i prefer it this way.
You will Need
- One cup of Rawa or Sooji
- Two tbs of Ghee
- One tsp Mustard seeds
- One tsp Channa dal
- Two Green chillies
- One small piece of Ginger
- Few Curry Leaves
- One Onion
- One cup Mixed Vegetable
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder
- Few Cashewnuts
- Heat One tsp Ghee in a pan and frythe casewnuts till brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan roast the rawa or sooji till nice aroma comes.Let it not brown.Roast in medium flame.
- Heat rest of the ghee in the same pan crackle mustard seeds,add channa dal and let it brown,add chopped ginger,green chilli,curry leaves and finally sliced onions.fry for a minute.
- Add rest of the vegetables,salt and a pinch of turmeric powder and saute for few minutes.
- Add hot water and allow it to boil.
- Slowly add the roasted rawa and keep stirring continously to avoid any lumps.
- Cover and cook for two to three minutes.add the fried cashewnuts.
Enjoy the hot khichidi with some coconut chutney and tiffin sambar!!!!
- You can add vegetables like carrot,beans,peas,potato and tomato.
- You can drizzle some lemon juice at the end if you prefer.
- Use of ghee is important for the aroma and taste of the khichidi.
Looks yumm...a easy breezy breakfast...
Extremely delicious...loved the presentation..simple and inviting..
What a fantastic blog. I just luv yr recipes. Hoping to try as many as i can.
Pls could u clarify how much one cup raw in gms and water in ml,
Also would u be kind enough to put up a converter, from cup to gms or ml.
Sorry to trouble u and thank u for putting up tasty recipes.
Post a Comment