Carrot Poli is a new kind of poli i tasted in Savera hotel (restaurant )when i went for a party.I have not tried or tasted it before that.I tried to figure out the recipe and tried it at home.It is something new and very different and tasty.I really liked it so i thought i will make it and post it for all the readers and for my record.You can make it smaller or bigger as you like and as per the occassion.If there are too many items in your menu that day you can really make them small but if you are making only this poli you can make it a little bigger along with some vadas which would make a delicious snack for you and for your guests.!!!!!!!!!
You Will Need(for the Halwa)
- 3 to 4 Carrots shredded
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- A pinch of Edible camphor
- A tbs of Ghee
- Half a cup wheat flour
- Half a cup Maida(plain flour)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of Food Colour
- Water to knead
- Oil to Knead
- Ghee to fry
- Saute the finely shredded carrot in a thick bottomed pan with a tbs of ghee.
- Cover and cook till it gets soft.Add sugar and let it boil till it thickens.
- Add cardamom powder,camphor and keep it aside to cool.
- Make the outer dough by mixing both flours,colour with salt and water.
- Knead the dough for five minutes or until soft.(use oil if it sticks).
- Take a small portion of the dough spread it on a plastic sheet or banana leaf.
- Take a tbs of of carrot halwa keep it at the centre of the dough.
- Close on all sides and again roll it in to a flat bread or roti.
- Heat a pan cook the rolled roti on both sides till golden brown with ghee.
Enjoy the poli when it is hot and it tastes good when cold also.
- You can make the outer dough only with Maida also.
- Avoid nuts in the halwa otherwise when you are making the poli you will not be able to spread it evenly.
- Use ghee for frying the poli to give a good flavour.