The best way to finish your old rice while satisfying a craving for restaurant-style Indo chinese food is to make this "Fried Rice".Yes, old rice best suits this recipe because it has to be tossed in high flame along with vegetables and it should withstand the tossing.
My daughter is very fond of this Fried Rice and she orders it most of the time when we go out.I never knew until recently that it tates best with old rice. If I had known, I would have made it more often
You Will Need
- One cup Rice
- Two to three Spring onions
- Finely chopped Vegetables(2 cups)
- One Tbs of Finely chopped Ginger and Garlic
- One tsp Soya Sauce
- 3/4 tsp Vinegar
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- One tbs Of oil
1.Chop the vegetables fine,chop the ginger and garlic in to small pieces as shown in the picture.I used,beans,carrot,cabbage,capsicum and spring onions.
- Let the stove be on high flame when it is getting cooked.The vegetables should be crisp and not soggy.
- Use old rice preferably(long grain variety) and avoid Basmati rice.