Semiya Bagalabath is prepared just like curd rice and instead of rice semiya is used.It is easier and tastier option.I often make it when i have people over for dinner,instead of making curd rice i make curd semiya or semiya bagalabath.It tastes good when served chilled so i prepare much ahead of time and put it in the fridge garnished with a lot of fruits.It is so simple that even a ten year old can make it!!!
You will Need
You will Need
- Half cup Roasted vermicelli
- Half cup Milk
- One cup thick Curds
- Salt to taste
- Two tsp Oil
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- One to two Green chilli
- One small piece of Ginger
- Few Curry Leaves
- One tsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Few Green Grapes and Pomegranates
- Boil vermicelli in one and half cups water with a little salt and a tsp of oil.If you don't get roasted vermicelli heat one tsp oil in a pan and roast the vermicelli until it turns to slight brown in colour.
- Boiling takes about three to four minutes.Add half cup milk stir well and switch off the stove and allow it to cool.
- When it cools it would have absorbed all the milk like shown in the picture.
- Add a little more salt if required and add thick curds.
- Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds switch off stove add chopped ginger,green chilli,asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Pour over the cooked vermicelli and mix well.Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Garnish with green grapes,pomegranates and enjoy with pickle.