Potato Podimas or Urulaikizhangu Podimas is a simple potato curry/vegetable/accompaniment for any spicy Gravy.It is a little different from the usual way vegetables are made.The ginger,lemon juice and the green chilli makes it different and different from the other curries.We usually make it when we make Onion sambar on Sundays.
You will Need
- Four to Five Potatoes
- Two to three Green chillies
- A Piece of Ginger
- One tsp Oil
- One tsp Mustard seeds
- One tbs Lemon Juice
- One tsp Channa Dal
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Peel the skin and boil Potatoes with a pinch of Turmeric powder until soft.
- Mash it lightly with your hands or a laddle
- Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds add channa dal and cooktill it is brown in colour.
- Add finely chopped ginger,green chilli,asafoetida,curryleaves and fry for few seconds.
- Add the mashed potato mix well ,switch off the flame and squeeze lemon juice and mix well again.
Have it as an accompaniment with any south indian gravy !!!!!You can make this curry in a similar way with sweet potato and raw banana too!!!
so tasty potato is my favourite.how ru doing?
super aa irukku.wish to taste some :)
Uma.....it's been such a long time since I made or ate podimas. Must make it soon. I enjoy reading your recipies Uma. Priya venkat
Tku renu,chitra and priya
Post a Comment