Methi Matar Malai is a rich and creamy north Indian subzi(gravy).As the name says it is a curry with Methi leaves,green peas and cream.It goes well with all the Indian flat breads and pulao.It is a little different from the usual north Indian gravies(curries) which are tomato based and red in colour. Now let us look at the recipe....
You will Need
- One Bunch of Methi Leaves
- One cup Green peas
- 100ml Fresh Cream
- One tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil or Butter
- One tsp Cumin Seeds
- Ten Cashews
- One small onion
- Small piece of Ginger
- One Green Chili
- One tsp Fennel seeds
- Half a tsp Poppy seeds
- Two pods of Garlic
- Boil the green peas with a little salt and keep aside.
- Wash and soak the methi leaves in hot water for ten minutes.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for ten minutes.
- Heat Oil or Butter in a pan crackle cumin seeds.Add chopped onions and fry till it turns a little brown.In the meantime grind cashew nuts and other ingredients given under "to Grind" to a fine paste.
- Add the ground paste to the cooked onions.Cook till the raw smell disappears.Add the washed and soaked methi leaves and the boiled peas and give it a good stir.
- Add salt,garam masala powder and fresh cream cook for a minute.Add little milk if it is too thick and to get the correct consistency and switch off the stove.
Enjoy this rich and creamy gravy with any Indian Bread!!!!
i prepared this dish and came out well,and ofcourse very tasty.thanks
Tried out this recipe to make methi malai paneer! Came out really well! 😀
Thank you Maps will make it for you !!!
Post a Comment