You will Need
- Half cup Rawa
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 11/2 cups Water
- 1/3 cup chopped Pineapple
- Few drops of Pineapple Essence
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- Few Cashewnuts
- Few Raisins
- Pinch of Cardamom powder
- Half pinch of Edible camphor
- Heat a tbs of ghee in a thick pan fry the broken cashew nuts till light brown add the raisins and fry,remove in a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat another tbs of ghee and fry the rawa for few minutes just before it starts changing colour remove t in a plate and keep it aside.
- While frying the rawa in another vessel heat one and half cups of water add a half tsp of yellow colour and the pineapple pieces to that and keep it ready.(reserve some pieces for garnishing)
- Add this liquid to the roasted rawa slowly.Keep stirring in one hand and add add the liquid slowly.
- Cover and cook for two to three minutes then add the sugar.
- Once you add the sugar it will become little watery.let it become thick to halwa consistency.
- Add pineapple essence,cardamom powder and edible camphor.
- Add the fried casewnuts and raisins and rest of the ghee and switch off the stove.
- Roast the rawa in ghee so that it gives a better texture.Roasting in important otherwise the sweet will become gooey.
- As time goes it will thicken.You can fill it in small moulds and place it in a plate.
- If you like only the pineapple flavour you can avoid cardamom powder and camphor(i did)