Milagu sevai or Pepper flavoured rice sticks is another way of flavouring rice sticks.It is very simple and easy to make.If you have the rice sticks ready it gets done in no time.When i really run out of ideas for evening snacks sometimes these easy,traditional and simple recipes comes in handy.Do try it!
You will Need
- 200gms of Rice sticks
- One tsp of Cumin seeds
- One tsp Black Pepper
- Few Cashewnuts
- One Green chilli
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Few tsp of Oil
- Few tsp of Ghee
- Cook the Rice sticks as per instructions on the packet, strain, cool and spread it on a plate and add a tsp of ghee or oil to prevent sticking.you can even use instant idiappam(crumble it)
- Powder the cumin and pepper seeds in to a coarse powder.Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds,add the cashewnuts and let it brown,add green chilli,curry leaves and the coarse powder and switch off the stove.
- Cool the above mixture add two tsp of ghee and add the rice sticks,salt and mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy with any type of chutney or plain.The pepper in the sevai really knidles your apetitie.
- Adjust the amount of cumin,pepper,ghee or oil according to your taste.