This is my 300th post and it is karthigai so it cannot be anything other than a sweet dish.Yes I made wheat flour appam.We ususally finish making the pori urundais during the day and do this appam just before lighting the lamps for neivedhyam.
You will Need
You will Need
- One cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup Jaggery powder
- Two small yellow Bananas
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Edible Camphor
- Two tbs scraped Coconut
- Oil to Fry
- Dissolve powdered jaggery in hot water and let it dissolve completely.Mash the Bananas until mushy.Add wheat flour,rice flour to it.Add the dissolved jaagery water to the flour and make in to a paste.
- Add scraped coconut,cardamom powder and edible camphor.bring it to pouring consistency by adding water if required.
- Heat oil in a pan and take small portion of the dough and pour it in hot oil
- Fry it till brown on both sides and take it out on a tissue paper.
Delicious appams!!! very authentic and festive!!
Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour
Ongoing Event - Let's Party - Eggless Bakes and Treats
uma congrats for ur 300th post...thses looks yummy.
Thank you sowmya and renu!happy karthigai to you!
Yummy appams...Happy Karthigai
Congrats!!!! On ur 300th post. Delicious appams
congrats on ur 300th post and wishing u many more...
appam looks delicious :)
Its delicious.Its a very easy dessert mixes
very nice appam Uma Shankar...
We normally prepare this appam using rice flour.
will try this appams soon.
India is known for the best agricultural produce, including wheat which is the staple food of India.An interesting fact about India Gate Atta which not only offers the best chakki atta but also uses the best quality wheat for its atta. It is high in nutrition and is very light to digest.
Read More: http://indiagateflours.com/
Post a Comment