Butter Nan on stove top.Many of us would wonder how we would make nans without a Tandoor or an oven.This is a simple way of making Nans on the stove top on a normal Tawa i learnt from an aunt.
You will Need
You will Need
- 350gms of All purpose Flour
- Half tsp of Dried yeast
- Half a cup Warm Milk
- Salt to taste
- Half tsp Sugar
- Curd to knead
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk and wait till it becomes frothy.It takes about ten minutes.Take a large bowl mix the flour and salt and slowly add the yeast and milk mixture.apply oil in your hands and knead the flour in to a smooth dough(like the roti dough)by adding curd.close it with a cling wrap and leave it for one hour in a warm place.I have not put pictures since i have posted in previous recipes.
- After an hour take a small portion of the dough make it in to a ball and roll it in to a thick roti(it is very important that you should not knead the dough at this stage and you should roll it very gently otherwise the nan will become hard..Pull one end of the roti to get a oval shape.
- Sprinkle water on top and spread it on the roti.Take it and place on a hot tawa so that the wet side sticks to the tawa .wait until bubbles form on the nan.
- Flip the tawa and show the other side on the flame.It will get brown and fall off the tawa.If it does not do not worry just use the tongs.
- Apply butter on top and repeat with the rest of the dough.