You will Need
- Two pidi karunaikizhangu(250gms)
- One Green chili
- Small piece of Ginger
- Two tbs of Boiled Tur Dal
- Two tbs of thick Tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- One tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida.
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Wash the vegetable well,peel the skin off and cut it into blocks.
- Boil it till soft and mash with a ladle and add tamarind juice and Tur Dal.
- Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds,chopped green chili and ginger.
- Saute for few seconds and add the mashed vegetable and turmeric powder.
- Add salt and boil till it thickens and serve as an accompaniment for any south Indian meal.
- You can make the same recipe with other two types of yam too.