All of us love beet root in our family starting from my grandfather to my daughters and nieces.We enjoy beet root in any form curry,sambar,kootu,salad and of course beet root halwa.This is my nieces favourite sweet every time she comes in summer for holidays my mother always used to make it for her.It is quiet similar to carrot halwa preparation but i have not added milk in this for a change.
You will Need
- Three cups of grated Beet root
- One cup Sugar
- Few Tbs of Ghee
- Few nuts for garnishing
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- A pinch of edible camphor powder
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and saute the scraped beet root for few minutes.Sprinkle some water and cover and cook till soft.
- Add sugar and cook till the sugar melts and becomes thick along with the Beet root.
- Add ghee as per your taste and the cardamom powder and edible camphor powder.
- Garnish with nuts and serve while it is warm.