- One cup of Raw rice broken
- One tbs of Peanuts
- Few spoons of Coconut scrapings
- Few Curry leaves
- Half a tsp of Asafoetida
- Two cups of water
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- Two tsp of Channa Dal
- Few tsp of Coconut oil
- Four Red chillies
- One handful Tur dhal
- One tsp Cumin seeds
- One tsp Pepper
Soak the peanuts overnight or for few hours.
1.Wash and soak the rice for twenty minutes.Drain the water and allow it to dry on a cloth for half an hour.
- If you want the upma to be soft add some more water while cooking.
- You can add some chopped ginger to the upma while cooking.
- you can add a piece of jaggery to enhance the taste.
- Adjust the chillies and pepper according to your taste.