My mother also used to make it in bulk and store in the refrigerator during navrathri(i do the same).It is one of the tasty payasam that i like.I like it cold and hot, it tastes very good both ways.It is perfect drink to offer during festivals.
You will Need
- 200gms of Badam or Almonds
- One litre of Milk
- Few strands of Saffron
- Two cups of Sugar
- A pinch of Cardamom powder(optional)
- A pinch of Edible Camphor
- A tbs of Ghee
- one tbs of Chironji seeds
1.Soak the Saffron in hot milk.
- Perfect measurements are not necessary as individual tastes differs for sweetness and thickness of the kheer so you can adjust accordingly.
- You can add slivered almonds if you do not have chironji or sara paruppu.