Badam Kheer is a very easy and rich paya
sam or kheer made with almond paste and milk.I make this often especially during navrathri. i make a lot to give people when they come home.
My mother also used to make it in bulk and store in the refrigerator during navrathri(i do the same).It is one of the tasty payasam that i like.I like it cold and hot, it tastes very good both ways.It is perfect drink to offer during festivals.
You will Need
- 200gms of Badam or Almonds
- One litre of Milk
- Few strands of Saffron
- Two cups of Sugar
- A pinch of Cardamom powder(optional)
- A pinch of Edible Camphor
- A tbs of Ghee
- one tbs of Chironji seeds
1.Soak the Saffron in hot milk.
2.Soak the badam in hot water for half an hour.Wash and peel off the skin.Grind it along with some milk.
3.Add some more milk at this point and grind further.
4.Grind until you get a smooth and soft paste.Feel it with your hands.
6.Add the ground paste and mix well without any lumps.
7.Add the soaked saffron strands along with the milk.
8.Add sugar and mix well till it gets dissolved and switch off the flame.
9.Heat one tsp of ghee and fry the chironji seeds or saraparuppu.
10.Pour it over the kheer and mix well.
11.Add a pinch of Cardamom powder and edible camphor.
- You can have it either cold or hot.Both ways tastes good.
- Perfect measurements are not necessary as individual tastes differs for sweetness and thickness of the kheer so you can adjust accordingly.
- You can add slivered almonds if you do not have chironji or sara paruppu.
Post a Comment