Tomato Soup is the most comforting soup throughout the world and of course our home is not an exception to that fact.It is the most preferred soup when we are out for dinner.I love Tomatoes in any form so soup is always welcome especially in winter.
When we make it at home it is simple and very healthy too!You can have it with some croutons and with some dinner rolls and it makes a simple meal by itself.
You will Need(serves2-3)
- Four Ripe large Tomatoes
- One Onion
- Few Garlic pods(2-4)
- One small Carrot
- Salt to Taste
- One tbs of Butter
- Pepper powder
- Basil Leaves
- Chop the vegetables in to big pieces.In a sauce pan melt butter and saute the vegetables for a minute.
- Add 500 ml of water boil in a medium flame for 15 minutes till vegetables are soft.
- Let it cool.Blend in to a puree and strain.reheat the soup add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle basil leaves and serve hot with croutons and bread rolls.
- If you are making large quantity you can include potatoes in the soup.It gives more volume and texture to the soup.