You will Need
- Two Potatoes diced and boiled
- One cup frozen or fresh Green Peas
- One Onion(sliced)
- Three Tomatoes
- One tsp Cumin seeds
- Three Garlic pods
- One small piece of Ginger
- 1/4tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2tsp Red Chili Powder
- One tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Two tbs Oil
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Drop the Tomatoes in hot water Let the skin crack,remove it from the water and keep it aside.
- Peel the skin add,garlic,ginger,green chili and make it in to a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan crackle cumin seeds.
- Add sliced onion and fry till translucent.
- Add tomato puree boil for two minutes stirring in between.add chili,turmeric,salt,coriander and cumin powder.
- Let it boil after adding the powders.Add the diced potatoes and peas and half cup of water and allow it to boil.keep away four pieces of potato aside.
- Mash four pieces of potato and mix it in the gravy to thicken.
- When it thickens add garam masala powder and switch off the stove.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and transfer in to a serving bowl.
Enjoy this aloo matar with any flat bread or pulao!