This Vegetable Biryani is my version (of course i learnt it from my mother)of the biryani.I have made it a lot of times at home and for few parties and who ever has tasted it so far has liked it very much!My friends love it and so do we. so i thought i will share it with all of you.It is actually my mothers recipe.She was never exposed to the dum biryani so this is how she used to make biryani and here is the recipe.......
You will Need
Enjoy with a bowl of Onion Raita and potato chips!!
You will Need
- One cup Basmati Rice
- One Carrot
- Six Beans
- Half cup Peas
- One small Potato
- One Onion
- Two Tbs of Oil
- Three Tbs of Ghee
- One tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Few Cashews
- Two to three pods of Garlic
- Small piece of Ginger
- Two Green chillies
- One tbs of Scraped Coconut
- One tsp Fennel Seeds
- Half tsp Poppy Seeds
- Two cloves and cardamom.
- One small piece of cinnamon
- One tbs of Mint Leaves
- One tbs of Coriander leaves
- Few Cloves
- Few Cardamom
- One small piece of Cinnamon
- One Bay Leaf
- Soak the rice for half an hour and cook in a electric rice cooker with two cups of water or one and three fourth cup of water.Add a tbs of ghee and spread it on a plate.
- Chop the vegetables in to diamond shape(you can include Cauliflower and Capsicum)Boil the vegetables but let it be crisp.(do not boil capsicum and onion)
- Grind the things given under to grind in to a paste
- Heat oil in a pan crackle things given under to "Temper".add onions and fry until it starts getting light brown.
- Add the paste and fry until the moisture evaporates
- Add the boiled vegetables,salt and cover for two minutes and cook until moisture evaporates.
- Add one tsp of garam masala powder mix well and switch off stove.Let it cool for ten minutes.
- Slowly add the cooked rice little by little and mix gently.Add some more chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Mix well and add some fried cashjew nuts fried in ghee.Check for salt while mixing if required add some more.
- This is the measurement for one cup of basmati rice.if you are making more quantity increase the quantity of vegetables and spices to get the same taste.
- You can add a little more ghee if you prefer.The rice will not stick to each other and gives a good flavour.