Maalaadu is a protein rich simple laddu which is very popular in Thirunelveli district of Tamilnadu. Actually, until I got married I never knew about this sweet.My MIL introduced us to this sweet during my wedding.. It is a simple sweet with very simple ingredients that are available at home and it can be made in a jiffy. It is very good for health especially for children because it is protein rich.It is very similar to making rava ladoo!!! Now let us see how I made it, I don't think you can go wrong at all if you follow these simple steps...
You will Need
You will Need
- One cup Roasted Gram
- One cup Sugar
- 1/2-1/3 cup Pure Ghee
- Few Cashewnuts
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- A pinch of Edible Camphor
- Roast the Roasted gram for two minutes just for it to become little crisp.Do not allow it to change colour.Let it cool.
- Put it in the mixer.
- Powder it thoroughly.
- Put same amount of sugar in the same mixer jar.
- Powder it in to a fine powder.
- Put both powders in a wide bowl,add the cardamom powder and edible camphor powder.
- Heat ghee in a pan add the broken cashewnuts.Let the cashews become golden brown and then pour the ghee over the powders.Mix with a wooden ladle.
- Then use your hand and mix everything well.It will be slightly crumbly in texture.
- Take a portion of the mixed flour and start making in to laddoos by pressing it tight and shaping it in to a round.
- It is easier to make the ladoos when it is warm.