Vendhaya dosai is another variety of dosai which is very soft and aromatic.The dominant taste and aroma of vendhayam makes it tasty and soft.It is a very traditional recipe.My grandmom used to call it 'mendhaya arisi dosai'(don't know why though).It tastes good with any kara chutney and tastes best when eaten hot.
You will Need
You will Need
- Two cups Boiled Rice
- One tbs Urad Dal
- One tbs Fenugreek Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice,urad dal and fenugreek for 3-4hours.wash the rice and put the dal and fenugreek on top.
- First take some rice with the dal and fenugreek seeds and grind it first because the seeds might not grind if you put everything to gether.When the dal and fenugreek seeds grinds add rest of the rice and grind it in to a smooth paste.
- Let the batter be little more watery than the idli batter.allow it to ferment for eight 8 hours.
- When it rises add salt and little water if required to a pouring consistency.
- Heat a pan pour a laddle full of dough and spread it lightly so that the dosa is little thick.
- Cover and cook for two minutes in medium flame.If you prefer turn it and cook on the other side also for few seconds otherwise also it is not required.
Enjoy when it is hot with a kara chutney.
Hi. I'm very much impressed with this recipe. Would love to try with that chutney. Already soaked the rice, about to grind. Can u pls let me know the recipe of this kaara chutney ?? I love the chutney pic. TIA. - Reena
Hi reena thank you for the feedback!.for the kara chutney in a tsp of gingerly oil roast a tsp of urad dal and few red chillies keep aside.in the same pan roast some chopped onions and tomato sauté for few minutes and allow it to cool.grind the dal,chilli,sautéed onions and tomato with some salt and a little tamarind.yr chutney is ready.
Thanks for the chutney recipe - reena
Lovely dosa..!!!..Tempting indeed...good going...keep it up..
Post a Comment