This is yet another Panner recipe.I had a lot of milk left over so i made some paneer and was wanting to make some paneer dish.I saw this recipe in a magazine and tried it immediately.It came out very well and tasty too.It is a perfect starter.You can even make the pattis and store it in the refrigerator and then fry them when required especially when you are having a party.
You will Need
Enjoy with some green chuteny or tomato sauce!
You will Need
- 200 gms of Paneer
- Two Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- One tbs chopped Coriander Leaves
- One tsp Chopped Mint Leaves
- Butter for shallow frying.
- One and half tbs Channa dal powder
- Lemon juice
- Shred the paneer or crumble it with your hands.If the paneer is hard just whisk it in the mixer for few seconds
- Add salt,chilli powder,garam masala powder,chopped green chilli,chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and lemon juice.
- Add the raosted gram flour(pottu kadalai mavu) (which binds)sprinkle some water if required
- Mix well and get in to a smooth dough.
- Rub oil in your hands and take a portion of the dough and roll it in to a ball and then flatten in to a patti.
- Heat a pan and spread some butter in it.Place the patties and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Add a mashed potato to the paneer for a softer tikki.
- If you don't have channa dal powder you can use corn flour.