Sabudana Vada is maharashtrian snack usually had during fasting times.It is a no onion and no garlic recipe.usually the sago is washed or soaked and mixed with mixed with mashed potato,green chilli,peanut powder and made in to a patti and deep fried.Depending on the quality of the sago the soaking time is decided.If the sago is small and silky variety it is just soaked for twenty minutes or if the sago is hard and big it is soaked for 5 - 6 hours.It is better you know your sago!!!
You will Need
You will Need
- One cup Sago or Javarisi
- Three Boiled Potatoes
- Half cup Peanuts
- Two Green Chillies
- Few Coriander leaves
- One tbs of Lemon Juice
- Depending on the quality of the sago soak it for few hours or twenty minutes and drain it completely without any moisture.
- Mash the potatoes,add chopped green chilli,chopped corinader leaves,salt and mix.
- Powder the Peanuts in a mixer.
- Add the powdered peanuts and add lime juice and mix well.Make sure there is no moisture in the potatoes also.
- Mix all the ingredients and make it in to a pilable dough.Take a small portion of the dough flatten it and make it into patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry them till golden brown.(let the oilbe hot when you are dropping the patties).
- Drain in a paper towel
- Serve with green chuteny and sweet chutney.
- You can use rice flour or Rajigira Flour(Amaranth flour) for binding because sabudana vada is famous for drinking lot of oil and sometimes it will just dissolve in hot oil if it has moisture.so add one of the flour which helps in binding as well as absorbing the extra moisture.
- You can even refrigerate the patties and fry them later.