Badam Katli is mine and my daughter's favourite sweet.I decided to make for this diwali.It is very similar to kaju katli except that badam(almonds)have a skin to be peeled so the process is a little longer.Now a days you even get almond powder in some of the countries so if you get it the process can be a little easier and simple.
cut it into desired shapes and enjoy!!!!
You will Need
- One cup Badam
- 3/4cup Sugar
- One tbs Ghee
- Few saffron strands
- Soak the almonds for an hour and peel the skin.Roast them dry in a pan in slow flame.If you are using almond powder skip this step.
- Powder the almonds at one stretch in a mixer add the saffron strands.It might be a little grainy but do not bother.
- Heat sugar and water (just to immerse) the sugar till you get thick string consistency.
- Heat till the mixture becomes a thick.It takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Apply ghee in your hands and Knead it to a smooth dough when it is still warm.If the mixture is watery and you are not able to knead heat it further to become thicker.If it becomes hard add a little milk to soften.
- Grease a large plate or a chapathi roller stone and roll the badam mixture.roll it till the thickness you prefer and cut the uneven edges.