Baking buns have become my favourite past time now.After trying out the stuffed buns and pizza buns it is savoury buns now!!These are much more simple to make and light to eat.You can actually add the spices of your choice and enjoy.I made it with some onions and some spices as follows.
You will Need
You will Need
- 250 gms of Flour
- One tsp of Dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- Oil to knead
- One chopped Onion
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- One tsp of Chilli Flakes
- 2 tbs Chopped Coriander leaves
- Dissolve one tsp of yeast in warm milk and allow it to froth for ten minutes.Heat oil in a pan crackle cumin seeds,add chopped onion,little salt,turmeric powder,chilli powder and fry the onions till transculent.
- Take flour in a wide bowl and make a dent in the centre and add the yeast milk mixture,fried onion and little salt for the flour and knead in to a soft dough.Apply oil in your hands while kneading the dough.
- Cover and leave the dough in a warm place for one hour.it would have doubled in size.Punch the dough to release the air and roll them in to small buns and place them on a baking tray(apply oil in the baking tray)
- Apply milk or butter(both works)on top of the buns for it to brown and leave it for ten minutes so that it rises again.At this stage preheat the oven at 225 degrees.
- Bake at 225 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes depending on how brown it becomes.Brush the buns with butter immediately after taking out from the oven.Enjoy when it is warm with some butter.