This rice dish is a perfect one pot meal.It is fast to cook and good to eat.I saw this in another blog and already made it quiet a few times of course i have changed it a little bit according to my taste.All of us loved it.It is really comes in handy when you don't want to cook anything elaborate at the sometime want to have something home made and tasty.
You will Need
You will Need
- One cup Basmati rice
- Two medium Potatoes
- One Large Onion
- Half a cup Peas
- Two tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Cumin seeds
- One Bay leaf
- One inch Cinnamon stick
- Two Cardamoms
- Two Cloves
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- One tsp of Chilli powder
- Three fourth tsp of Garam Masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Few Coriander leaves for garnishing
- A tsp of Lime juice(optional)
- Dice the potatoes and boil along with peas.Soak the rice for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker and spread it on a palte and allow it to cool.
- Heat Oil in a pan crackle cumin seeds add cloves,cardamom,bayleaf and cinnamon stick.
- Add sliced onions and fry till light brown
- Add the boiled peas and potatoes and add salt,chilli,turmeric and garam masala powders.
- Saute for few minutes and switch off the stove.
- Mix with the cooked rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Add some Fried onions on top to get the biryani flavour.
Great recipe. Would you be happy to put up a link to it in my Food on Friday – Asian Food Series.
it looks perfect.will try n let u know.
Post a Comment