More Kuzhambu is one of the poular preparation in the Tamil brahmin food.It is made in so many different ways in different locations of Tamilnadu and Kerela especially palakkad.This is the style made in Tanjore style which i learnt from my mother.You can have a taste of More kuzhambu in the wedding menu as well.
You will Need
- Two cups of curds
- Two tbs of scraped coconut
- Two green chillies
- One tbs dhania seeds
- One tbs channa dal
- One tbs cumin or jeera
- One tbs raw rice
- one of the vegetables (white pumkin,chow chow,lady's finger,carrot)
- Soak channa dal,dhania,jeera and rice in water for half an hour.
- cut the vergetable into big blocks and boil it in water with salt
- if is lady's finger shallow fry it in oil and keep aside.
- grind the soaked ingrdients with coconut and green chiilies.
- whip the curds mix with the ground paste and add it to the boiling vegetable and allow it to heat for a minute.it should not boil.you can add some salt if necessary and temper it with mustard seeds.
- garnish with coriander leaves.