This Onion and Tomato chutney is such a easy and common chutney in most of the households.It is finger licking tasty that it can go with any south Indian tiffin or snack like idlis,dosas,rawa idlis,arisi upma and semiya upma.I have already posted the traditional way of(thogayal)making this Onion and Tomato chutney.This one is a variation.You can store it in the refrigerator for few days.
You will Need
- Three Tomatoes
- Two Onions
- Two tbs Of Gingelly Oil
- One tsp Mustard Seeds
- One tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
1.Heat one tsp of oil in a thick pan and saute the onions.
- You can add few coriander leaves,mint leaves or coconut scrapings for additional flavour and taste.
- You can add a tsp of Sugar to improve the taste.
- You can add few curry leaves and asafoetida while tempering.
- If you want to store it for a week keep heating it for another 7-8 minutes and use for a longer time.