After all the sweets and savouries for diwali now i think it is time to have some digestive which will get our system back to normal.Yes Ginger juice or "Ingi sorasam"as my mother used to call it is more a digestive than a juice.It is very popular in Thanjavur district.
My mom used to make it every month and we used to have it in a empty stomach..It is a cure for indigestion too.I love ginger and lemon.Those who love ginger will definitely like it.
You will Need
- 100 gms of Ginger(a big piece)
- Lemon juice from 4-5 Lemons
- One tsp Cumin seeds
- One tbs Coriander seeds
- 3-4 Glasses Water
- 4 tsp Sugar
- Honey (optional)
1.Wash and peel the skin of ginger chop roughly and grind it along with cumin,coriander seeds and water.
Have it in empty stomach especially after festivals like diwali!!!!!!
- There is no perfect measurement for this juice if you find it spicy you can add more water and still get the benefits.
- Add lemon juice,cumin and coriander as they are also good digestive and they will bring down the spice level of ginger.
- You can add either sugar or honey or add half of both as i do.
hi uma this looks healthy...wishing u belated happy diwali.
yes renu it is very good after diwali sweets and snacks.Hope you had a nice diwali too!!tku
Post a Comment