Beans is a high fiber vegetable to be included in our diet.It is not only fibrous it has lot of anti oxidants to protect us from many diseases.Beans are super healthy,versatile and affordable.When you are picking your beans make sure they are tender and flexible.
You will Need
There two ways of making this curry.My mother used to make it with coconut scrapings which is more common and my MIL makes it with Paasi paruppu or Moong dal or Payatham Paruppu.If you want to avoid coconut for health reasons you can make it with moond dal which is a alternative to coconut.Making it with the dal is more healthy any day!Either way it tastes great.It is an accompaniment for any south Indian gravy.
You will Need
- 150 gms of Green Beans
- One handful of Yellow or Moong dal
- One tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- One tsp broken Urad dal
- Few Red Chillies
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the dal for half an hour.This is to make the dal soft and cook easily along with the beans.
- Wash and drain the beans and cut in to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds,add urad dal and red chillies and asafoetida.
- When the dal is turning brown add the chopped beans and the soaked moong dal(drain the water) and give it a good stir.
- Add salt and sprinkle some water and let it cook covered until the beans and the moong dal gets cooked until soft and not mushy.
healthy n yummy
Superb site I hv ever seen ...kept it up guys (y) :)
Please tell us how much it will serve
Post a Comment