I have not tried making 'Green Peas Paratha' until now.I have only eaten it at a resort, when we went on a holiday The chef specially made it for us,piping hot,for breakfast ! it was so yummy!! Since then, whenever I find fresh green peas somewhere, I would want to try it out and today I got the chance ! I have been wanting to try this one from last winter.This season, you get good variety of green peas everywhere , so I decided to make it today.I thought it would be a long process but surprisingly it was not.I made the wheat flour dough little soft than you usually make for phulkas, so it was really easy rolling!!!!
You will Need
Enjoy the Paratha with some pickles and curds!!!!It tastes best when it is hot!!!!
You will Need
- Two cups Shelled green peas
- Two green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Two cups of Wheat flour
- Half a tsp Garam masala powder
- Half a tsp Amchur powder
- One tsp Oil
- One tsp Cumin Seeds
- Take wheat flour in a wide bowl add salt and water and mix with water and make it into a soft dough.Make it a little more soft than the usual.
- Boil green peas with salt,cool and grind it into a coarse paste with green chillies.do not add much water while grinding.
- Take a thick pan heat one tsp oil crackle cumin seeds,garam masala powder and amchur powder.add the ground paste and let it become thick.
- Let it cool and roll them in to rounds.take a small portion of the wheat flour dough and roll it in to a small thick roti.place the peas stuffing in the centre and close on all sides as shown in the picture.dust with dry wheat flour and roll further.
- Roll in to a roti taking care the stuffinng does not come outside.
- Heat a thick pan and cook the roti on both sides with a little ghee on both sides!