This is another type of Tomato Rice i tried recently.It is very simple and more South Indian style.It taste yummy with any kind of raita and of course some vadams or chips.It is a easy lunch box recipe too!!!The ingredients are simple and easily available at home.
You will Need
You will Need
- One big Onion sliced
- Three Tomatoes sliced
- One cup Rice
- Few Tbs of Oil
- One tsp of Mustard seeds
- One tsp of Channa dal
- One tsp of Green chilli and Ginger paste
- Two tbs of Chopped Coriander leaves
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Half a tsp of Chilli powder
- Cook the rice in a Electric Rice cooker and spread it on a plate with one tsp of oil sprinkled on it so that it does not stick to each other.
- Heat Oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds add channa dhal,curry leaves and onions.Fry onions till translucent and add sliced tomatoes and chilli ginger paste.
- Add turmeric powder,salt,chilli powder and cook till tomatoes are mushy.Fry for two more minutes so that the moisture is absorbed.
- Cool it and mix with the rice slowly.Add some more salt if required and add chopped coriander leaves while mixing.
- Add a few fried cashew nuts to the rice so that it gives a crunchy taste.
- Add the coriander leaves either while mixing the rice or end of cooking the tomatoes.
apt one for tiffin box :) nice bowl
Nice tangy rice
Thank you aparna and anu!
yummy rice dear n i too today posted tomato biriyani...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
i have tried tomato rice 2-3 times...but somehow didnt came out well...will try this ..
Looks super delicious. I love tomato rice.
yummy! living in Chennai, I'v had this rice many times and I'm happy that now I have a recipe.
looks soooo yummmmy.... :D will try this definitely :)
Very nice... Thank you very much...
Looks easy and yummy
I loved this recipe.! Tried it and came out quite well. My husband loved it! Thanks to you :) I blogged the same on my blogger. Do visit my blog when you find time. I'm new here. :)
Check my Facebook page on the below mentioned link. Thank you again. :)
Hello Uma Shankar. The given tomato rice bowl is looking so yummy and delicious. I really want to try it today at dinner time. Thanks for sharing good recipe.
I love South Indian food. But I don’t know about the recipe. Now I am thinking to try this recipe. Thanks for this delicious recipe.
Post a Comment