This is a simple and easy chutney recipe.I remember when i was in school my Telugu friend used to bring this with idlis and we all used to grab the idlis for the chutney.All of us used to like it so much.It tastes good with idlis and dosas.I have added a onion along with the peanuts so that is not thick like the peanut butter.It is such a big hit in my house.
You Will Need
- Half a cup Roasted Peanuts
- One tbs of Urad dal
- 3-4 Red Chillies
- One Chopped Onion
- Small piece of Tamarind
- Salt to Taste
- Ont tbs of Gingelly Oil
- Few Curry Leaves
- Ont tsp of Mustard seeds
- Heat Oil in a pan roast Urad dhaland red chillies till the dhal turns golden brown.
- Remove it in a plate and allow it to cool.saute the chopped onions in the same pan.
- Allow the onions to cool too.Now grind the dhal,red chillies, tamarind and salt.
- Now add the peanuts and onions and grind to a paste.Add water if required.
- Heat one tsp of oil crackle mustard seeds and curry leaves and pour over chutney.
It tastes great with idlis and any type of dosas.