I never thought making kaju katli was simple.I used to think you have to get the perfect consistency and it was a north Indian (store Bought)sweet and I would never get it.Thanks to some of the bloggers and they made it simple and easy for me. Now I shall make it easy to few more people.
You Will Need
- One cup Cashewnuts
- Half a cup Sugar
- One fourth cup Water
- One tbs of Ghee
- Powder the cashewnuts in a dry mixer at one strectch.Let the powder be fine.If you have kept the casewnuts in the freezer keep it out for few hours so that it comes to normal temperature and then powder it.
Heat a pan with water.Dissolve the sugar in it and Keep heating further.Keep a small plate with little water Once the syrup gets a little thick pour it in the plate
- The syrup should not get dissolved in the water.
- Add the casew powder at this stage and keep stirring.Do not worry if it is grainy it will get smoothened later.
- When it comes together which takes about one to two minutes take a small portion of the dough and try to roll it in to a ball
When you are able to do that.switch off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Let it cool down.knead and make it into a soft dough.
- Grease a flat surface(i used the inverted side of a plate)
- Roll it in to smooth surface and cut in to desired shapes.